From the first day to the last, the Duke of Edinburgh's Award is a real adventure. You’ll enjoy loads of new experiences, discover talents you never thought you had, challenge yourself and meet lots of people just like you.
In 2017 we became a Directly Licensed Centre for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, which means that we are completely responsible for running the programme within our schools. We run all three levels:
The Award is a long process but receives a lot of recognition for personal achievement, especially when applying for college or university. You will learn valuable life skills, meet new people, get fit and have an opportunity to help your local community. At the Stephen Perse Foundation we recognise the value that the Award brings in developing character and resilience, through long term commitment to various activities and the outdoor pursuits that the Award is well known for.
- Volunteering - 3 months
- Physical - 3 months
- Skills - 3 months
- Expedition - 2 days/1 night
You also need to complete a further 3 months on either the Volunteering, Physical or Skills section
- Volunteering - 6 months
- Physical / Skills - one for 6 months and the other for 3 months
- Expedition - 3 days/2 nights
If you do not already have Bronze, you must complete a further 6 months of Volunteering OR of Physical / Skills (depending on which one you choose for 6 months)
- Volunteering - 12 months
- Physical / Skills - one for 12 months and the other for 6 months
- Expedition - 4 days/3 nights
- Residential - Undertake a shared activity in a residential setting away from home for 5 days and 4 nights