From the first day to the last, Duke of Edinburgh is a real adventure. You’ll enjoy loads of new experiences, discover talents you never thought you had, challenge yourself and meet lots of people just like you.
We run all three levels:
To achieve the Award you must complete four sections, or five for Gold. You will learn valuable life skills, meet new people, get fit and have an opportunity to help your local community.
The Award is a long process but receives a lot of recognition for personal achievement, especially when applying for college or university.
- Volunteering: 3 months
- Physical: 3 months
- Skills: 3 months
- Expedition: 2 days/1 night
- You also need to do a further 6 months on either the Volunteering, Physical or Skills section
- Volunteering: 6 months
- Physical and Skills: one for 6 months and the other for 3 months
- Expedition: 3 days/2 nights
- If you did not do Bronze, you must do a further 6 months on Volunteering or on either the Physical or the Skills section that you do for 6 months
- Volunteering: 12 months
- Physical and Skills: one for 12 months and the other for 6 months
- Expedition: 4 days/3 nights
- Residential: Undertake a shared activity in a residential setting away from home for 5 days and 4 nights
- If you did not do Silver, you must do a further 6 months on Volunteering or on either the Physical or the Skills section that you do for 6 months