Inspiration and guidance plus superb teaching and a load of leadership opportunities. The perfect mix.
It’s the perfect place to enjoy growing intellectual, personal and social independence, with all the support you need to make the transition from school to university.
Our tutorial system ensures lots of individual attention but, more importantly, we encourage you to think for yourself and push your boundaries, instead of simply walking through the syllabus of your chosen subjects. Talking of choice, you can take A levels or the International Baccalaureate – our students get exceptional results in both and we were Sunday Times International Baccalaureate School of the Year 2010 as well as in 2013. Our IB results are in the top five in the UK and our A levels are similarly strong. Thirty per cent of our university applicants in 2012-13 had offers from Oxford or Cambridge –but, more importantly, our students are welcomed by a wide range of competitive universities and achieve a very high offer rate.
'This is a proper college, a bridge between school and university'
Sport, music, art and drama play a big part in college life and our enrichment programme could see you travelling to Kenya or Japan, trying out your entrepreneurial skills or taking part in a mock trial.
Whatever you want to do when you leave, you’ll be brilliantly prepared. Our alumni are welcomed everywhere from Oxbridge and America’s Ivy League to Central St Martins and the Royal College of Music.
- British Physics Olympiad Experimental ProjectAnna Wang and Wenying Wu, both U6 at the Stephen Perse 6th Form, have recently been awarded a silver medal for their entry in the British Physics Olympiad Experimental Project 2014...
- 6th Form College Alumni VisitNicky left the Stephen Perse 6th Form College in 2009, having studied A level Design Technology with Mr Bett, and today visited the senior school to talk to students about her career so far...
- Engineering and enterpriseThe annual Engineering Education Scheme residential took place last week at the University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, and students from the Stephen Perse 6th Form were there...
- International Summer School HeidelbergCambridge City Council sponsor three students each year to take part in the International Summer Science School in Heidelberg, and last summer Kristie Leung (currently L6) was selected from Cambridge to participate..
- Oxbridge & Ivy League updateWe are delighted to announce that nearly a quarter of our students applying to university have secured offers from Oxford and Cambridge (Oxbridge) or Ivy League universities in the US so far.
Our programme of visiting speakers brings in individuals and groups to share fascinating careers/life stories , inspiring students, parents and alumni to think differently.