Inspiration and guidance plus superb teaching and a load of leadership opportunities. The perfect mix.
It’s the perfect place to enjoy growing intellectual, personal and social independence, with all the support you need to make the transition from school to university.
Our tutorial system ensures lots of individual attention but, more importantly, we encourage you to think for yourself and push your boundaries, instead of simply walking through the syllabus of your chosen subjects. Talking of choice, you can take A Levels or the International Baccalaureate – our students get exceptional results in both and we were Sunday Times International Baccalaureate School of the Year 2010 as well as in 2013. Our IB results are in the top five in the UK and our A Levels are similarly strong. Nearly Thirty per cent of our university applicants in 2015-16 had offers from Oxford or Cambridge – but, more importantly, our students are welcomed by a wide range of competitive universities and achieve a very high offer rate.
'This is a proper college, a bridge between school and university'
Sport, music, art and drama play a big part in college life and our enrichment programme could see you travelling to Kenya or Japan, trying out your entrepreneurial skills or taking part in a mock trial.
Whatever you want to do when you leave, you’ll be brilliantly prepared. Our alumni are welcomed everywhere from Oxbridge and America’s Ivy League to Central St Martins and the Royal College of Music.
- Conversation with Sandra Smith, translator of Suite FrançaiseA few weeks ago I was given the incredible opportunity to have a Skype conversation with Sandra Smith, translator of Suite Française by Irene Némirovsky.
- Greek and Classic Civilisation classes see the Cambridge Greek PlayThe performance consisted of firstly the tragedy, Antigone, which, without trying to spoil it too much, involves a lot of death.
- Find out more about studying medicine at the University of BuckinghamA representative from the University of Buckingham will be visiting the Sixth Form on Monday 3rd October, at 4:15 pm, to give a talk about their MB ChB programme.
- Stephen Perse Foundation strikes a distinctive chordThree pupils earn distinctions in their recent Performance Diplomas
- Year 10 & 12 German ExchangeThis week it was the turn of the German exchange students to visit Cambridge.
The deadline for scholarship applications is Monday 7th November 2016.
Please click here for more information on the scholarships available and the application process.
Our programme of visiting speakers brings in individuals and groups to share fascinating careers/life stories , inspiring students, parents and alumni to think differently.