Inspiration and guidance plus superb teaching and a load of leadership opportunities. The perfect mix.
It’s the perfect place to enjoy growing intellectual, personal and social independence, with all the support you need to make the transition from school to university.
Our tutorial system ensures lots of individual attention but, more importantly, we encourage you to think for yourself and push your boundaries, instead of simply walking through the syllabus of your chosen subjects. Talking of choice, you can take A Levels or the International Baccalaureate – our students get exceptional results in both and we were Sunday Times International Baccalaureate School of the Year 2010 as well as in 2013. Our IB results are in the top five in the UK and our A Levels are similarly strong. Nearly Thirty per cent of our university applicants in 2015-16 had offers from Oxford or Cambridge – but, more importantly, our students are welcomed by a wide range of competitive universities and achieve a very high offer rate.
'This is a proper college, a bridge between school and university'
Sport, music, art and drama play a big part in college life and our enrichment programme could see you travelling to Kenya or Japan, trying out your entrepreneurial skills or taking part in a mock trial.
Whatever you want to do when you leave, you’ll be brilliantly prepared. Our alumni are welcomed everywhere from Oxbridge and America’s Ivy League to Central St Martins and the Royal College of Music.
- German Work Experience in Munich6th formers joined Senior School students on a trip to Munich.
- Modern Poetry in TranslationStudents attended an event at Pembroke College on Saturday. Dasha and Annie tell us what they did during the day.
- A Presentation on Latin American women6th formers were treated to an informative talk from the Senior Fellow of Trinity College.
- Russian trip to LondonLower 6th students joined Senior School students for a Russian-themed trip to London.
- Spring Concert at West Road Concert HallListen to an excerpt and look at photos from the wonderful spring term concert.
Open Evening 2016
Tuesday 18 October: 6th Form, 6.30 - 9.30pm
Our programme of visiting speakers brings in individuals and groups to share fascinating careers/life stories , inspiring students, parents and alumni to think differently.