Inspiration and guidance plus superb teaching and a load of leadership opportunities. The perfect mix.
It’s the perfect place to enjoy growing intellectual, personal and social independence, with all the support you need to make the transition from school to university.
Our tutorial system ensures lots of individual attention but, more importantly, we encourage you to think for yourself and push your boundaries, instead of simply walking through the syllabus of your chosen subjects. Talking of choice, you can take A Levels or the International Baccalaureate – our students get exceptional results in both and we were Sunday Times International Baccalaureate School of the Year 2010 as well as in 2013. Our IB results are in the top five in the UK and our A Levels are similarly strong. Thirty per cent of our university applicants in 2012-13 had offers from Oxford or Cambridge –but, more importantly, our students are welcomed by a wide range of competitive universities and achieve a very high offer rate.
'This is a proper college, a bridge between school and university'
Sport, music, art and drama play a big part in college life and our enrichment programme could see you travelling to Kenya or Japan, trying out your entrepreneurial skills or taking part in a mock trial.
Whatever you want to do when you leave, you’ll be brilliantly prepared. Our alumni are welcomed everywhere from Oxbridge and America’s Ivy League to Central St Martins and the Royal College of Music.
- Finland looks to SPF for educational inspirationSPF involved in ground-breaking, global initiative led by Finnish educational think-tank Scool.
- Engineering Education SchemeLower 6th students attended an workshop at Cambridge University.
- 'Road' highlightsHave a look at highlights from last terms 6th Form and Y11 performance.
- “Technology alone will not unlock learning opportunities”Tricia Kelleher talks at BETT: Thursday 21 January 2016
- Oxbridge SuccessTake a look at our students' recent university offers.
Open Evening 2016
Tuesday 1 November: 6th Form, 6.30 - 9.30pm
Our programme of visiting speakers brings in individuals and groups to share fascinating careers/life stories , inspiring students, parents and alumni to think differently.